Home Study Courses, individual MP3 tracks and Hypno-Doula Training products are available.
Mention Labor & Delivery to an expectant mom in her last trimester, and chances are good that her heart will begin to race, her mind floods with concern and in some cases, she panics. She knows that the day is coming when a force much bigger than herself will take over and her body will govern itself completely. For some women birth is a very fearful event, but for a Hypnobabies mom, it is an eagerly anticipated challenge, because they use hypnosis to eliminate discomfort and fear from the birthing experience. In the past, the word “hypnosis” conjured up images of stage hypnotists re-creating Elvis, or memories of having seen people mesmerized into embarrassing situations. Today it’s becoming more and more common for hypnosis to be used therapeutically in the areas of medicine, dental and surgical anesthesia and personal therapy sessions. Even so, there are many misconceptions regarding hypnosis that can dissuade those contemplating this powerful tool.
Here are a few FACTS:
- All hypnosis is self-hypnosis; the hypnotherapist is only a guide. A person chooses to enter into a hypnotic state, remain in hypnosis and come out of hypnosis at will.
- Approximately 90-95% of the population can be hypnotized. Willingness, belief and motivation have great influence over hypnotizability.
- During hypnosis you are neither asleep nor unconscious, and will always “come out” whenever you wish. You are always in complete control.
- Stronger-minded and stronger-willed people are easier to hypnotize; not the other way around as is usually assumed.
- You cannot be made to divulge information or do anything against your will while in hypnosis.
- Hypnosis is not Satanic or religion-oriented at all, just a way to direct your inner mind toward the positive for great personal benefit.
- We are all in states of hypnosis many times a day already!
What about Childbirth Hypnosis Classes?
When learning how to use hypnosis for childbirth, women are taught that the uterine muscles will work efficiently together, as they were designed to, when the body is completely relaxed. The depth of relaxation necessary is achieved with hypnosis so expectant moms learn these skills in class, and practice them at home every day until their baby arrives.
Important: Comfort in childbirth depends on much more than deep relaxation, so in a complete hypnosis for childbirth program, moms must be taught the most in-depth hypnotic anesthesia techniques that exist. These make a huge difference in creating your truly comfortable birthing experience, and are easily learned and practiced.
The Birth Partner plays a very integral role in the preparation process: by listening to the hypnosis tracks, reading the handouts and guiding the Hypno-mother into deep relaxation with hypnosis scripts. Birth Partners are also an invaluable part of the labor and birth process as they help moms to focus and concentrate, as well as supporting them physically.
Please note: Mothers without partners can easily learn, practice and use Hypnobabies on their own. All aspects of labor and birth are covered in Hypnobabies Childbirth Hypnosis classes, as well as information on Nutrition, Exercise, Avoiding Complications and Back Labor, Fear Clearing Sessions, Birth Plans, Consumer Issues and Postpartum Preparation, Newborn Care and Breastfeeding, as well as much more.
How effective is this?
Statistics vary depending on the goals of each Hypnobabies mother, as well as the dedication to, and compliance with, the program.
Statistics: The following are statistics for Hypnobabies Childbirth Hypnosis only:
(based on our very successful 6 week course, and 18 total hours of instruction)
1) Very Comfortable births – 70-75%. Women who report that they felt mostly pressure, tightening or mild cramping sensations.
2) Comfortable until transition – 15%. Pressure only, until the 10-60 minute transitional period, with mild to intense degrees of sensation thereafter. “Very manageable.”
3) Comfortable until active labor – 10%, with mild to intense degrees of sensation thereafter This group can have any number of things that affect their birth experiences; prodromal labor, posterior or asynclitic presentations that do not resolve, other labor complications, emotional issues, lack of support, or they simply did not do their homework! (45 minutes a day) Hypnosis for childbirth won’t help a mother or a couple that is not willing to do the work involved in preparing for their baby’s birth.All women reported that the Relaxation and Fear Clearing in the Hypnobabies program were invaluable to them during their labors.
Benefits of Using Hypnobabies Childbirth Hypnosis: