A Full-Spectrum Doula (FSD) offers physical, emotional, and informational support to people throughout their lives, whether or not they are pregnant.
A FSD can meet up with anyone who has a cervix, no matter how they self-identify.
Full-Spectrum Doulas are also trained to support individuals and families through all pregnancy outcomes, including abortion, miscarriage, and adoption.
Maritday is trained as a Full-Spectrum Doula.
|Full-Spectrum Doulas help people who are…
||Consultations with a full-spectrum doula can include any of the following topics:
Thank you Welcome Home Doula Service for explaining so eloquently what a Full Spectrum Doula is and does!
“Childbirth education empowers one to make informed choices in health care, to assume responsibility for their health, and to trust their inner wisdom”. – Lamaze International
What Do You Learn?
• Skills, tools and tips for coping with labor pain
• How the birth environment can enhance or detract from your ability to cope
• The factors that can make pain seem less intense and more manageable
• How to manage fear, stress and anxiety for childbirth and parenting challenges
• How to talk to your health care providers to get the answers you need to make great decisions
• When medical tools and procedures enhances health and when they do not
• How to effectively use pain medications for maximum satisfaction and effectiveness
• The role your baby plays during labor
• Facilitating your baby’s rotations into the optimal position for labor and birth
• Healthy pregnancy exercises and nutrition decisions
• Skills for postpartum communication and harmony with your partner
• Skills for breastfeeding
• Skills for newborn care
and that is only the beginning!