As a Trained Hypnobabies® Childbirth Hypnosis Doula I can easily:
1. Learn and practice Hypnobabies techniques and hypno-cues ahead of time with the Hypno-couple in a few Birthing Rehearsals, as well as use only Hypnobabies language and techniques at all times. This reinforces your practice and helps form a bond between you and your doula.
2. Be a liaison for the couple with hospital staff, explaining that they need darkness, solitude and quiet, keeping distraction to a minimum, etc.3. Learn and use hypnotic Deepening techniques with the Hypno-mom, for use in Transformation (transition) stage.4. Help with Fear Clearing and hypno-cues during your Birthing Time (trading off with the Birth Partner when he/she is tired, but not replacing the Birth Partner).
5. Learn and use Hypnobabies pushing techniques and with the Hypno-mom, for use in her pushing stage.
6. Help the Hypno-mom get up to change positions or go to the bathroom immediately after a birthing wave is over as the mom has learned to do. This and many other Hypno-Doula training techniques help the Hypnobabies birthing mother to remain in hypnosis as she changes positions, using Birth Prompts and her “Light switch” and “Peace” cues.
7.Remember that positional changes and upright positions are mainly used for descent and positioning of the baby and not for comfort in a Hypnobabies birth. When using hypnosis for childbirth, physical comfort comes from using hypnosis to flow deeper inside the inner mind, which also creates the deepest physical relaxation possible.
1. Where were you trained and how long have you been a birthing assistant?
2. How many births have you attended as a doula?
3. Are you a Hypnobabies® Childbirth Hypnosis Doula?
4. If not, do you have any experience or knowledge of using hypnosis for childbirth? If so, what?
5. If you are not a trained Hypnobabies Hypno-Doula, would you be willing to learn Hypnobabies techniques and read materials that will allow you to birth-assist me in my Birthing Time?
6. Are you willing to do at least one Hypnobabies birthing rehearsal with me and my birth partner?
7. Are you willing to use only the Hypnobabies course language that I/we have been learning and practicing?
8. Describe your role in my birthing: What exactly will you do and what techniques will you use?
9. How many times will I see you before the birth?
10. When will you come to attend me in my Birthing Time?
More specific questions you may want to ask:
1. What other services do you offer? (Breastfeeding support, postpartum for mom and dad, new baby care, etc.)
2. Tell me about your experience with birth, personally and in your practice.
3. What is your philosophy about childbirth and supporting women and their partners through their Birthing Time?
4. What care providers have you worked with in our area?
5. What do you think is the most important part of your job?
6. Are there any limits to your availability?
7. Do you have a back-up Hypno-Doula for times when you are not available; and may we meet with her?
8. In what hospitals have you attended births?
9. May we call you with questions or concerns before and after the birth?
10. Do you meet with me (us) after the birth to review our birth and answer questions?
11. What is your fee, and what does it include?
12. Are there two of your past clients whom I may call?
Please remember that your decision to learn, practice and use Hypnobabies for your baby’s birth is a very intelligent one that includes a few special needs, and if you are choosing to have a doula at your birth, you would do well to choose a trained Hypnobabies Hypno-Doula.
Please let us know if you have any concerns or questions by e-mailing us.